International Consortium on Hallucinations Research
Durham, United Kingdom: 12 and 13 September 2013
Marius Romme, Sandra Escher and Kellie Comans @Macquarie University
A half day event on ‘Young People Hearing Voices’ was held at Macquarie University on Monday 3rd December, with the speakers Marius Romme, Sandra Escher and Kellie Comans, organised in conjunction with InsideOutAssociates and the Hearing Voices Network New South Wales.
The flyer for the event is available here.
Marius and Sandra also did a training session on the Maastricht Interview on the 5th December at St Vincent’s Hospital – see flyer for this event here.
Intervoice 2012, Cardiff, Wales
- Last year’s Intervoice World Congress took place on the 20th and 21st of September 2012 in Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom.
- The full program of the event is available here.
Listening to Voices conference, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- I convened a two-day conference on hearing voices at Macquarie University, Sydney, on the 26th-27th July 2012.
- Nearly 400 people, including consumers, carers, mental health professionals and researchers attended the event.
- You can see the event program here, and can download some of the speaker’s Powerpoint presentations here.
Voices symposium at BABCP 2012 Annual Conference, Leeds, UK
- I convened a symposium on hearing voices at the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Annual Conference in Leeds, UK.
- The symposium was entitled “Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Auditory Verbal Hallucinations (‘Hearing Voices’): From Causes to Effects in Clinical Practice“.
- The speakers were myself, Dr Charles Fernyhough (Durham University), Dr Guy Dodgson, (Northumberland, Tyne and Wear Foundation Trust; Newcastle University), Jenna Robson ((Northumberland, Tyne and Wear Foundation Trust; Newcastle University), and Dr Mark Hayward (University of Surrey).